WHAT CAN I EXPECT ON SUNDAYS?
1. We have created two services: The 9:00AM service is for those adults and families with children above 12 years old. The 10:30AM service is for all ages. Our goal here is allow those who may be more at risk to attend the 9:00AM service with fewer small children who may not fully understand the social distancing necessary for some of the attenders.
2. We are having a slightly abbreviated service (approximately 50 minutes) to allow for multiple services.
3. The sanctuary has been arranged in seating groups so that social distancing can be maintained.
4. The sanctuary and common areas including bathrooms will be sanitized before each service.
5. Doors will be propped open and remain open at all times to avoid the need to touch door handles.
6. Communion baggies will be available in the lobby. These communion baggies have been prepared with gloves and proper precautions. Communion plates will NOT be passed around.
7. Offer plates will be available on tables/stands near the exit doors of the sanctuary.
8. We have purchased additional hand sanitizing stations that will be placed throughout the church.
9. A greeter will spray the hands of each person entering the building.
10. Bathrooms will have paper towels outside the door with a garbage can. Paper towels can be used for opening the doors.
11. We are limiting the number of people in each service to the seating stations available. If our attendance exceeds these seating stations, we will provide overflow seating in the lobby maintaining social distancing. If attendance exceeds sanctuary and the lobby capacity, they may have to watch online. If this persists, we will consider adding a third service. Good problems to have.
12. We will be dismissing people in an orderly fashion to avoid congestion.
CHECK OUT THIS SAMPLE SERMON FROM OUR HERO MAKER SERMON SERIES!
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Anything you'd like! At Legacy, we care about YOU and not your clothes, so dress in whatever makes you comfortable. You will see anything from jeans and t-shirts to suits, ties, and dresses.
WHAT DENOMINATION IS LEGACY?
Legacy is an independent Christian Church, which means we are not under the leadership of a larger organization. We believe in restoring the church to the way it was practiced in the New Testament. The book of Acts describes essential church doctrines and beliefs, but the Christian Church can be broadly summarized by it's belief that Jesus is Lord and Savior, that we are to be baptized by immersion as a public profession of faith, and that we are to partake regularly in communion as Christ commanded us.
HOW DO I GET CONNECTED?
Life is better together! BUILDING relationships with one another is one of the key components to who we are as a church. We thoroughly believe that if you are only attending on Sunday, that you are missing out on so much that we have to offer! Small groups offer a way to get connected with other members, fellowship and pray together, and grow in our relationship with Jesus. Come by Connecting Point in the lobby to GET CONNECTED!
For more info on getting your kids connected, check out our Children's Ministry!
For more information about getting your Middle and High school students connected, check out our Youth Ministry!
WHAT ABOUT MY KIDS?
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY: (birth - 5th grade)
Childcare for infants to 5th grade is available on our Children's Ministry hallway. Niki and some of her awesome volunteers who work very hard to serve our kids! They have a passion for REACHING the hearts of the next generation of believers.
YOUTH MINISTRY: (6th - 12th grade)
Youth stay in service with the adults but all sit together on the right front of the worship center with our Youth Director, Bob. They have different activities throughout the week. Check out the Youth Google calendar for what is happening.
HOW CAN I GROW AT LEGACY?
Our mission at Legacy is to REACH people, BUILD people, and SEND people for Christ. The first step in your relationship with Christ is Salvation. If you are unsure if you have a personal relationship with Him - or if you are interested in taking that step, please reach out to us! We would be happy to answer any questions you have!
Following salvation, there are many "next steps" you can take to grow in your relationship with Christ, including baptism, church membership, building relationships with other believers, serving in a ministry, or giving to the church. We'd love to help you figure out what you can do to deepen your relationship both with Christ and other believers!